Monday, April 10, 2006

Oops a meme

Because of last week's lack of sleep, the visit from mom & my lameness in general I haven't been keeping up with my regular bloggy reads so lo & behold I discover today that I have been tagged for a meme by Scarbiedoll. And since for some bizarre twist of fate I slept in until 11am today & get this - the doodles is still sleeping at 12:09 I might just get the chance to do this before she awakens. It's very strange but it feels great to be fueled by sleep & only a little caffeine. Now if the damn dog would just stop whining to be let outside every 10 minutes life would be perfect.

On to the the meme:
(edited to add) Accent: Sadly I pick up accents wherever I go like some wanna-be poser. I don't want to but it just sort of happens when I'm around accented folk. I guess I've still got a bit of the prairie-girl thang going on. A sort of Fargo meets the Queen's English with the eh fully ingrained.

Booze of Choice: Probably beer. I like cheap watery crap like Coors Light & Bud but I also love me some Guinness. White wine like Pinot Gris or Riesling. I like red as well but have to avoid it most of the time because it makes my allergies crazy. Gin and tonic. Scotch & ginger. Fun blue cocktails. Oh wait, was I just supposed to choose one?

(I hear stirring from the bedroom..... ok it's now 3:30 and we've gone for a walk to the library because it's such a beautiful day outside. Now it's jolly jumper time so on with the show.)

Chore I Hate: Scrubbing the tub because it hurts my back. Vacuuming the dog hair off the couch because it takes about 3 friggin hours.

Dog or Cat: Dog. Dalmatian = pretty but neurotic. Now drives me crazy. Love cats but we're all sort of allergic to them now.

Essential Electronics: Computer & sadly, the tv with the new snazzy pvr.

Favorite Perfume(s) / cologne(s): Hardly ever wear any so I'm not so good with this one but my aunt gave me some lovely Alfred Sung stuff for Xmas. Light & citrusy is always nice.

Gold or Silver: How about white gold? Silver - I've always liked it better.

Hometown: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada but Ottawa feels pretty homey to me now.

Insomnia: Several times. My doc prescribed me some great sleeping pills just before my wedding because I'd lie in bed all night long stressing about details. I wish I could've taken them while I was pregnant or even now sometimes just so I can catch up on the zzzz's.

Job Title(s): Current: (Besides the mommy thing) Interior Designer/CAD Monkey Previously: Part-time college teacher, library/archive assistant, a whole lot a retail, nanny, student, etc.

Kids: The lovely little doodle bug formerly know as the bun that in reality I was never the master of.

Living Arrangements: 2 plus bedroom 1950's ranch house in an old suburb which means lots of big old trees & seniors.

Most Admired Trait: About me? Being empathetic I think. In others? Self-confidence as long as it's not arrogance.

Number of Sexual Partners: Not going to touch that one with a ten foot pole. Don't let your curiosity get the better of you you perverts.

Overnight Hospital Stays: One for maybe a few weeks when I was five for a bladder operation. I remember having races down the hospital corridors in my wheelchair with another little boy. Oh what fun. I've had lots of day surgeries though - not so much fun.

Phobia(s): Lots of water issues here despite being a decent swimmer. Large waterfalls, high bridges over water, thought of being trapped in a car sinking in the water. I get anxious just typing this out.

Quote(s): "To err is human..." - Alexander Pope. "Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde. And for good measure, how about this? "The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources." - Albert Einstein

Religion: Brought up Anglican but I think it was mostly because my mom was the organist & choir director. Now, I consider myself more of a Humanist I guess.

Siblings: Three sisters & a step-brother. All younger, blonder & includes a set of twins.

Time(s) I wake up: Somewhere around mindnight, 3 am, 5:30 am, 8:30 am & today a blissfull 11:00 am.

Unusual Talent /Skill: I am extremely flexible & if I warm up, can probably still get my foot behind my head on a good day. My brain is also full of useless trivia that I'm hoping will get me on Jeopardy one day but this mommy-brain thing has got to go before that happens.

Vegetable(s) I refuse to eat: Cucmbers in the form of pickles. Other than that I'm pretty game.

Worst habit(s): Procrastinating, swearing, watching too much tv.

X-rays: Lots. From top to bottom: neck due to whiplash several times, chest due to rib pain, lower ribs from swing-dancing accident, hips because of pinched nerve thing, feet from dancing injury. Also have had a couple of bone scans & an MRI so I'm full of radioactive goodies. Watch me glow.

Yummiest Food I Make: Chocolate Cake. I have two versions & they are both delicious. I also like my maple glazed salmon.

Zodiac Sign: Virgo

Tag to anyone who feels like doing this. Have fun!

No comments: