Thursday, June 16, 2005

Super fly disco baby

"Right now your baby is about the size of a large banana."

Can someone tell my banana to stop making milkshakes in my belly?

We went for our big ultrasound on Monday. At first the tech couldn't get any great views so I got to hear the joyous words "why don't you go to the bathroom & empty your bladder". Thank you nice Scottish tech lady! After that it was all good pictures & scans & measurements & crazy disco moves. I swear it was doing the hustle. In fact it moved so much that we coudn't get the 3d pictures we were willing to pay for. Silly baby, now what'll we do for entertainment? So it was a bit dissapointing to not get our fancy photos, but the lovely Scottish lady printed off some extra black & whites for us (I'll scan & try posting later) which still weren't that great but better than nothing. Turns out the disco bun is measuring a week behind (probably exercising too much!) , but I'm sure it'll catch up soon as I'm starting to get hungry again.

Started going to prenatal yoga at Santosha which is great, though I do ache a lot afterwards in my oh so flexible yet tight hips. It's really cool seeing all the other ladies in different stages of knocked-upidness. One of them looks like she's ready to pop! Yesterday I also did the belly dancing class again. It's actually the next level up from what I had tried before so I'm missing some technique, but managed to catch on pretty good if I do say so myself. Guess all those years of dance training has to pay off sometime. Anyway I'm exhausted today & slept in until 9:30 (though of course I was up at 12:00, 3:41, 5:55, & 7:20). Now I'm just grumpy & really want some Starbucks.

No comments: